Monday, July 13, 2009

Growing Up Little by Little

I just got back from a wonderful three week trip to Coeur d' Alene to see my family, thus the lack of posting. Before I tell some fun stories and post pictures from our trip, I had to write about this next milestone for the Anderson brothers. The day before leaving for Idaho, we found Sawyer sitting on his bedroom floor in the middle of naptime! No cries, no whines, he was just chilling, content with his escape. I was shocked because Trenton didn't learn to climb out of the crib until he was at least two and a half! I guess this is yet something else the younger brother learns to do earlier. Since I was leaving for Idaho, we didn't have to figure out a solution. Then in Idaho, he slept in his crib fine and this week back at home, he slept there as well. Saturday was the day we decided he officially needed a new sleeping arrangement. This is what his room looked like while he was supposed to be napping . . .



Most of the board games we own were strewn around the room - every little piece (from Risk soldiers to Scrabble tiles), every single card, every instruction manual. And he sat in the middle of it all, loving life. This was the forbidden room, the one he and Trenton always conspired to play in and he got the golden opportunity.

We had always planned on the boys sharing a room when they got older - we just didn't realize it would happen so quick.

The first night didn't last. I separated them at 11:15 when they were still up goofing around and taking the sheets off Sawyer's bed =) It was so late by then, Sawyer went right to bed in the crib without climbing out. The second night was a success! They didn't fall asleep until after 10 and woke up at 7:30, but at least they lasted in the same room. At one point, Trenton woke up crying from a nightmare and when I checked on him, he was on Sawyer's mattress and Sawyer was on the floor! Not sure how it happened, but I'm sure it was the first of many. Oh what nighttime adventures I have ahead of me!

No comments: