Friday, December 4, 2009

4 years of living with boys ...

... and no ER visits to date. I'm hoping to keep the streak alive as long as possible. I'm learning that it may be harder with Sawyer than with Trenton!

We put the boys "to bed" around 8:30 or 9, but this does not mean they fall right asleep. Some nights we hear Trenton yelling for mom and it's always a debate whether it's a true need or just an attempt at distraction to stay up later. This specific night, I was glad I checked on them right after Trenton called for me!

The little punk had used the bunkbed ladder to climb atop the dresser and just sat there like a naked little Buddha so proud of himself.


And yes, I know the picture may have reinforced the behavior, but I've learned with this child that laughing at these moments and capturing them for posterity is the only way to cope =)

Since this episode, he has traded the dresser for the top bunk which currently has spaced out wooden slats where a mattress should be. He walks across them like a tightrope walker just inches below the fan blades. I guess we may be moving the mattress back from the floor sooner than we thought.

Disclaimer: We have dressed the boys in PJs, but considering 9 months out of the year here are 70 and above, they have learned to opt for a more comfortable style. Trenton told me one night that pajamas were "too itchy" and now mini-me Sawyer has copied the phrase. So it's underwear and diapers for now - definitely saves me on laundry!

1 comment:

sLOw-cal said...

this is HILARIOUS...i can imagine a sense of terror at first, obviously, but then it had to have been the funniest thing to see him just sitting there!