Well, frankly, driving me a little nuts! He's my child that keeps me guessing the most. For instance, child, what the heck do you want to eat? Because yesterday you chowed down on those chicken nuggets and today you gave me a look of disgust when I put them on your tray. And as far as I can tell, carbaholism (n. the love of or addiction to carbs) is not genetic and is not even a word, so this refusal to eat anything but fruit and bread makes me crazy. Or the blasted sippy cup, why do you refuse to drink from it when you clearly know how? Also, why in heavens name, do you wake up every morning at 6 am shrieking like a banshee? Every morning. And why do you enjoy the sound of your own scream and use it to communicate every emotion, desire, or expression? It makes me want to cut my ears off. These are all valid questions and ones that I would love for my precious, infuriating one year old to answer. But alas, his only words to date are uh oh and ooooooo. Cute, yes. Informative, no. So I continue to guess and experiment and take momentary scream breaks of my own.
Lucky for the both of us, a mother's love is not based on what you do,
but who you are. And you are just so darn cute.
First pair of "Big Boy" Pajamas
Proof that the sippy cup is not out of his realm of capabilities...
But how can you pass up such a perfect opportunity to exert your own free will??
And while you still refuse to walk on your own, I was pretty darn proud when you took those stairs down like a veteran mountain climber without any practice. And came right back down feet first like you were born with the skill.
Oh Kellen Jesse, the stories I will tell you when you're older.
1 comment:
My boy is doing exactly the same things! Between his menu choices and refusal to communicate I would rather punch myself in the face. But darn that cuteness factor!!! I feel for you!
Post a Comment