Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And just like that, October is gone

It's amazing how the pictures add up so quickly. Here I am again with a long catch-up post and tons of pictures.

We had a BEAUTIFUL October, with the sunny days outnumbering the rainy ones. And then there's Kellen, who doesn't even differentiate between the two; he'll play outside no matter the weather!


Of course, most of the rain seemed to come the ONE week we had company. Ryan, Ashley, and Brooklyn used a week of their vacation to come visit us and we definitely made the most of our time together. In fact, we were so busy with activities, I hardly took any pictures!! 


Adult Night Out, woop woop


Harvest House and Walter's Family Farm
All that is Fall: jackets, pumpkins, hay bales, apple cider, and a dried pea "sandbox." This was probably my favorite outing of the week.







While they were in town, we had our last week of soccer for the boys, which was a little sad for everyone. Trenton made a great friend, Bridger, who we are hoping to see again in future community sports.





Thankfully, their last day here was the best of the week and we spent it outside hiking Tubbs Hill and walking to the park.



Kellen has the most angelic face sometimes, with his blonde bangs and pure baby skin, and being out in nature emphasized it even more. He was so calm and peaceful, which frankly is unusual for him!




I see some great father-son bonding outdoors for these two.


And finally, the only picture we got the whole week of all the kids!


October 18th was Trenton's sixth birthday. I got out the camera to document it and guess who begged for more pictures?? My little ham.





The following weekend, we celebrated his birthday with friends and their little boy, Easton, who turned one on the 21st. It was a creepy crawly event with dirt cake, gummy worms, insect party favors, and lots of "buggy" food.


The Birthday Boys


I didn't invite any of Trenton's friends from school,which I got in trouble for ... from Landon! ... but he had the Drakes and the Littles to offer presents and sing extra loud just for him =)



Then the very next night, we had 15 people for dinner at Mimi and Pops' house to celebrate again. Whew. Birthdays are exhausting.


And it seems a tradition has started ;-)


Another highlight of the month was my first Kindergarten field trip. We went to Prairie Farms, only a mile from our house, and I had three boys in my group: Trenton, Hayden, and Talon. They were a blast! In typical boy fashion, they were rowdy, loud, and very very busy. At one point, I lost Hayden. It was a small farm, so I didn't have to admit this to anyone and found him quickly, but I did have a moment of "great, I'll be forever labeled as the parent who lost the kid on the field trip." It was a quick, one hour trip, but we managed to feed horses, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, rabbits, and pigs all before a snack ourselves and pumpkin picking. I'm so excited I am available to do things like this with my boys.


And finally, the end of October came with Halloween. We played it low key this year with recycled costumes. I can still picture Trenton and Sawyer wearing this same outfit. Crazy.


I like to think his drool was all part of the effect, as my apron is always covered in milk and coffee after a long shift too =)


Sawyer, the teradactyl


Trenton, the great white


We went to Real Life again for the Harvest Festival and this time we stayed until the end when they start giving handfuls of candy for each game instead of two pieces. Plus, at eight, they dump all the leftover candy in the middle of the gym and let the kids run for it!! They got quite a stash.


Which only means I get to hear "can I have a piece of candy?" fifty times a day for the next six months. Oi.


So, now we head into November and the holidays, for which we are ready!!



No comments: