Sunday, July 16, 2017

Summer Vacation at the Lake...a different lake

My last post was March 2016, a couple months after I started my Masters. My picture-taking definitely suffered. A dear family member reminded me of how much I love this blog, so here I am again with pictures from our Montana vacation to Flathead Lake.



Living in Coeur d' Alene, lake vistas become the norm; yet, I will never tire of the chance to sit on the shore gazing at the sky and water. Add in our best friends and three nights sleeping in a house with this for a front yard: perfection.



 The dock quickly became the central focus for playtime.





Otherwise, it was tubing and sand toys and anything that involved water. All of the time. There was never a need to pack up and go home for dinner or even change out of suits. Instead, the kids made a constant parade up and down from water to deck as they pleased.






The boys got another attempt at fishing with some coaching from Dad and the Masons. The Masons definitely won in the tally race, but the love of fishing has been officially cemented.








This may be the best picture from the whole trip: fishing at sunset.


We've had our share of family vacations, but there is nothing like taking a trip with best friends, especially when everyone has a pal.

Ashlynn (6) and Kellen (7)
...acted like no one else existed in the world,
content with their own made-up games and private conversations



Luke (10) and Sawyer (9)
...the rowdiest of the bunch, often found pestering younger siblings,
could occasionally be caught in a calm moment


Savannah (13) and Trenton (11)
...found camaraderie in a love of reading, inner tubes, and monopoly,
while pretending not to hear the dads' comments about middle school crushes.



Kristin and I found this adorable mini bridge and water mill and forced all the kids to gather for a group picture. Mark definitely saw an old man throw up his hands in irritation...hope we weren't trespassing in his front yard. I mean he could have kicked us out, right?!



Cheers to an incredible vacation and many more for the Masandersons.



No comments: