Wednesday, November 4, 2009

casualties of modern science

Well . . . Kellen has just earned another week in his comfy home, protected from two pestering brothers for a little bit longer. It seems that 10 weeks ago when the new doctor at my practice confirmed my ultrasound results and moved my due date, she was misinformed. I'm not sure what she saw on my chart or why she chose to bump me a week ahead, but as a rule, the practice I go to will only change a due date for a 12-13 week ultrasound if the measurements indicate a date that is MORE than 7 days different. Mine indicated a due date that was EXACTLY 7 days different.

So, today at my 24 week appointment, I found out I'm 23 weeks. Hmmmm. Not the news I expected.

But there are some positives. When my sister comes on March 15th (as she is the only Idaho Kemp who is able to come visit), Kellen will be even younger than we thought. She's excited to hold a new, newborn =) Also, seeing as my two boys were induced due to size, I would not want Kellen to be induced while assuming he had reached 38 or 39 weeks, when he was really a week younger. I'd rather err on the side of too old than too young. Finally, we can put off the minivan purchase for another whole week! Gives us more time to save up the money . . . right.

I guess that's all for now. Have to go change the title of my previous post . . .

1 comment:

natesgirl3 said...

:( That's frustrating but I'm excited our babies will be even closer in age!!! I suppose that's selfish...Sorry for all the frustrations! He'll come when he's good and ready...or when the Dr's think he's too big to stay in! Love you sister!