Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our First Anderson Family Trick or Treat

This was our first year taking the boys out to trick or treat and it was so fun trying to explain the process. I mean how crazy is it that one night a year you get to walk door to door and collect free candy from people you don't know? When I told Trenton he needed to say "trick or treat" to get the candy, he looked at me for a moment and responded, "No mom, I say please." Well , how do you argue with that??

Thanks to the Dexters, Trenton had a super cool Optimus Prime costume that he got for his birthday. Of course, if you asked him who he was, he said Optimus Trenton. Must be a new robot from the third Transformers movie . . .


Sawyer was supposed to be a barista, but for some reason freaked out when I tried to put the Starbucks apron over his head! We compromised by tying it around his waist and concluding that he was "on break." I even gave him a "partner beverage" to make it look more real. Although it created a little bit of confusion when people would hold out a basket of candy. He'd look at the empty cup in one hand and the bucket handle in the other and pause - like how the heck am I supposed to grab the candy?! One lady ordered an iced venti latte from him =) I think he was her favorite costume of the night.

This is the two boys after their first stop, in awe of the candy in their buckets. Soon after this, they got the hang of it and started helping us decide which houses had lights on and which ones were too dark to try. After every stop, Trenton would say "another house!"

This door had so many cute decorations, it was like a photo-opportunity just waiting for me! Unfortunately, the boys were too busy thinking about candy to pose much, but this one turned out cute.

And finally, here we are back at Grandpa and Mom mom's house reveling in the loot.


We had such a fun night walking outside with the boys and then coming back for some chili and time with the family. Cousin Isaac the paleontologist and cousin Elias the golfer were there too. Along with Aunt Marcie's spider cupcakes and Mom mom's Halloween cookies. It was a little boy's paradise.

1 comment:

sLOw-cal said...

sounds like a big boys paradise too! transformers costumes were the "in" thing this year! every boy who wasn't wearing one definitely wished he was! can't wait to dress up Camilo and take him out in a couple years. I actually LOVED Sawyer's costume...he looks like a mini-me Batista!