We got another ultrasound just before 30 weeks to check on some cysts they found on her brain at 19 weeks. One of the three doctors told me he believes their purpose is to create the spinal fluid and fluid around the brain and then they go away, but nothing has been proven. He assured us that in every case the office has seen, they disappear. Nonetheless, we were a little apprehensive. Your mind can't help wondering, will we be the first?
Putting that fear aside, we were excited to see her again and ensure she was still a she =) When Trenton heard us talking about it, he asked if he could go too. I don't know why it hadn't crossed my mind, but all of a sudden I realized how cool it would be for all the boys to see her ultrasound since we talk about her so much. So, we took him out of school an hour early and at my appointment all five of us traipsed into the little, dark room. I was nervous about how we would be received, but the tech was adorable. She let Trenton squirt the gel on my belly and then printed up an individual picture for each of the boys to keep.
Their comments were hysterical! When we listened to the heartbeat echoing in the room, Sawyer said, "That's just creepy."
At this picture, Trenton said she looked like she was sucking on a paci =)
At this picture, they all agreed she looked like an alien with her big, open eye!
They really enjoyed the 3D pictures and I "awwww-ed" at her chubby cheeks and pouty Anderson lips that were already obvious.
After the ultrasound, Landon took the boys home and I waited for my follow-up. And waited and waited. Finally after half an hour, they moved me to a different room assigned to a different doctor since the original one was still gone from the office. And I waited more. Finally, he came in and I could tell he was at the end of his day too because he was really short and to the point.
"The cysts are gone."
(Phewwww. Did he have any idea where my mind had wandered as I waited alone in the exam room wondering why no one had come in?? Wondering if they were preparing how to tell me the news and what to do next???)
"We'll do another ultrasound at 36 weeks to check your low-lying placenta."
(My what?? This is the first I've heard of that!)
I did manage to ask if I would need a c-section if it didn't move and got a "not necessarily. We just need to know where it is in the event there's any bleeding. So, we'll see you in two weeks. Call if you have any questions in between."
(Uh....how about if I have any now??)
And that was that. On Monday, I see my favorite practitioner and I plan on asking all my questions then. For now, it just means I get to see her again at 36 weeks and we'll be able to judge her size a little better compared to her giant brothers. Until then, we are just thanking the Lord that she is healthy and the cysts are gone.



1 comment:
Oh, Praise God! I don't know if you remember but they found cysts in Landon's brain at the 19 week ultrasound too...and then they "magically" disappeared in the next weeks. I was so worried too. But everything was good. :) thankful for your healthy girl...and can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment