Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happenings

Sawyer gets to bring a show n' tell every Thursday for the letter of the week. For the letter T, he joked about bringing Trenton and I just smiled at him. When I mentioned it to his teacher as a cute story, she asked, why not? So I let my first grader miss an hour of school to be his little brother's show n' tell. It was adorable.

Miss Tammy had Trenton two years ago, so we have a special bond with her. Unfortunately, she's moving to California so the last two won't have her. We're incredibly bummed.


We got there just in time for recess. Trenton loved being on his old playground, even riding a tricycle he last rode when he was 5.




We also visited Miss Brittany, Miss Tammy's co-teacher two years ago. She adores our family.


When something crazy isn't going on, like school-ditching, it's just Kellen and I hanging out on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. He is such an opinionated, stubborn, energetic, entertaining, giggly little guy and definitely a momma's boy. If he wakes with a bad dream, it usually involves him crying, "I don't want you to go to work!"


We have so much fun together.




In March, Trenton participated in his school's science fair. It's only required for fifth graders, but Trenton asked to do it because he loves science. I couldn't say no. He tested five types of apple to see which one has the most seeds. He did all the counting and graphing and wrote his entire presentation by hand. We were so proud of all of his work, especially after seeing some of the other projects "done" by first graders that are absurdly complex. 


He received a participation ribbon in an all-school assembly and couldn't resist giving us the thumbs up as Mrs. Jackson gave it to him  =)



The other big event of the month was the boys' backyard camp out, despite nightly temperatures still in the 40s! Landon started a new tradition this year he calls Ten Nights in a Tent. Every year, whether somewhere cool or just in our backyard, he wants to spend ten nights camping with the boys. Kellen and I joined them for smores around the campfire first.






Then we went inside for a slumber party in mom's bed and left these three to their craziness.


What fun we've had with our three boys this last month. They're such an exciting mix of individual interests and unique intelligences. We are so blessed.




No comments: