Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy First *14 month* Birthday!

Elliot turned one on May 3rd. The intention was to have her birthday party in June when school let out and some warm weather appeared. Well, she nixed that plan by getting a double ear infection a few nights before...and then it rained anyway. So, on July 13th, we finally celebrated our little girl...monster style.

This was the original invite, but you better believe it is still going in the baby book!


I tried my first-ever pinterest replications. I picked easy starters:
balloons in the grass with golf tees.
I wanted fifty, but money stopped me at ten :)


And a fruit monster!


This was more of a last minute, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants creation. Cute and fluorescent.


And finally, my own, homemade "Monster Ball Toss" with cute, little spiky balls that the kids got to take home as favors. They played it for a lot longer than I expected!




They later made a perfect photo op.





Next was a silly string war, for kids and adults who want to be kids.




Did I mention it was 100 degrees? I know my Arizona family and friends will scoff, but going from 70 to 100 the next day is a shocker. And no matter where you live, not the best atmosphere for an outdoor party! Funny story, we were lining up our folding, kitchen, and camping chairs along the one wall that had some shade when our Bohemian neighbor with a permanent luau set up in his backyard asked if we wanted to borrow his canopy. He then proceeded to hand over the back fence a canopy, two umbrellas, a table, and four chairs! This caught the attention of our other neighbor who offered her canopy as well! What a sweet surprise and what a help for the heat. 

The heat is also a good excuse for Elliot's red cheeks, slow undressing throughout the party, and crying fits. She did not want to be detained for presents!


Until I showed her the new pretty hair clips and put them all on... 



Cupcake Time
I thought she'd be a little more excited.





She handed it off to Mimi as if to say, um you eat it.

Despite the heat, the party was a lot of fun and Miss E loved having the run of the yard. Of course, I didn't take enough pictures of everyone who came to celebrate. I guess it's a good sign that I was just living the party instead of living behind the camera. Thanks to Caitlyn, we did get some cute shots in front of the balloons. 

Future best friends. 
Adilynn turns one on July 19th (2 months apart) 
and Madison turns one on March 4th (10 months apart). 


Elliot kept patting Madison's back! She loves her already :)


Until she decided she was done with them and got up to leave!




Girls with their Mommas
My life in CDA would not be doable without these two girls and their ability to turn my tears of frustration to laughter. Being a mom is no small feat and who better to understand than those living the crazy at the same time.


And my best friend, Aunt Cait, who loves me almost as much as she loves her little niece.


And my children. Even my little girl is shirtless. A perfect picture of my indescribable life.



Please don't feel ignored (ahem Landon) I have blessings beyond count. 
Just wanted to say something special about these cute pictures!

What a party.
Happy Birthday to my lil monster, babester, Ells-girl.
Your bald head is an Anderson trademark and one you wear well.
Your ability to sign is adorable and evidence of your quick learning and your aunt's patience.
Your appetite is incredible and easily matches your brothers, 
who at your age had a good five pounds on you.
Your princess-model wave is one of the cutest things I've ever seen and it's even better when you walk around Le Peep just to wave at strangers eating. Pops loves to call you his "hostess in training."
Your charisma and stubbornness shine through every grin, laugh, and furrowed brow.
We are happy to celebrate you because we adore you.

No comments: