Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to my little boy, who is still my baby!

Happy First Birthday Sawyer Kemp Anderson!
Born July 28, 2007 at 1:08pm weighing 9 pounds 11.5 ounces
and measuring 22 inches.

You seemed so big for a newborn, but now when I look at pictures, you seem so small. Then again, when I look at my last few pregnancy pictures, you look huge ;-)

With Trenton, I made sure to stop each day and look at him and treasure the thought of my growing son. With you, it's been a completely different world. You have an older brother who steals some of mommy's attention away. Yet, I know you wouldn't have it any other way. You already adore your older brother and enjoy chasing after him as fast as you can crawl and wrestling with him on the carpet and holing up with him giggling behind closed doors.

As the second born, you also face the fact that I have an idea of what I think a baby should do or how a baby should act ... but then I realize my ideas are based on Trenton, who is a different person. I am so blessed to have you in my life, Sawyer, for you have expanded my horizons and opened up the job of mothering to a new realm. I love your infectious grin with your four top teeth and your rambunctious nature, which causes you to hurl yourself off couches. I already appreciate your social nature that cries when we leave the room and crawls after me as I run around the house trying to clean. Most of all, I smile at your goofiness; you bob to music or tilt your head like a puppy to look at me and I can't help but thank God for who you are. I love you, my baby boy.

I'm excited to see what the next year brings!

4 comments:

jen said...

Happy Birthday Sawyer!

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday to Sawyer! I can't believe it has already been a year!

Kristal Sawyer said...

Happy Birthday "Baby" Sawyer! Seriously...a year already!?!?!

Jason and Melissa Schneider said...

Hey buddy good to see you on your birthday sorry we wont be able to make it for the party.