On Tuesday, we had Sawyer's 18 month appointment and it was early so I had to wake the boys up to go. When I nudged Trenton, I said, "We're going to take Sawyer to the doctor." He sits up, rubbing his eyes, his hair all tousled from sleep and immediately says, "Hims have owie?" I was like, wow, he understands who the doctor is. So, I tell him, "No, the doctor is just going to check if Sawyer is healthy." And then like the concerned brother he is, he asks, "Hims hurt Bobby?" Awwww "No buddy, the doctor won't hurt Bobby," I answer, hoping it doesn't count as a lie since the nurse is the one to give the shots . . .
Well, we get to the doctor and the nurse takes us back to the room. Once in there, Trenton turns to her without hesitation, in his sternest voice, and says, "Don't hurt him."
Even writing this now chokes me up. I know they will have PLENTY of fights in the years ahead, but how precious that my 3 year old already wants to protect his little brother.
2 comments:
I can not imagine what it must feel like to be in love with your own kids becuase I love your boys so much my heart aches when I'm away. You seriously have no idea how much I enjoyed my birthday smiles from those cuties!!! I miss them every day. And I so enjoy hearing what comes out of Trenton's mouth!
That is SO cute! And I love it that he still calls Sawyer Bobby! =) LOL
Post a Comment