Writing yesterday's post reminded me of a lunch trip to McDonald's last week. I let Sawyer climb around in the playplace at this location for the first time. It's much bigger than most and all I could picture was him getting lost and me climbing in after him!!
After a bit, I hear a thump and a cry that I know. Then I hear this urgent whisper from a little girl, "Sorry Sorry." Poor thing had probably knocked him over on accident and she was genuinely sorry about it.
Big Brother Trenton to the rescue!
As I'm walking towards the tubes, I hear Trenton scream, "Stop it Girl!" Let me tell you, it was one loud command. My first instinct was to be proud of Trenton for sticking up for his brother, until I heard her crying!!! What a difference it is for a mom of boys to encounter a five year old girl. She was heartbroken that Trenton had yelled at her and she wouldn't stop - not after I apologized, not after I showed her Sawyer was ok, not after Trenton approached her with hands and arms outstretched as if approaching a skittish horse . . . Finally Grandma just left with her. For that I feel bad, but I still can't help laughing a little as I hear Trenton yelling in my head, "Stop it girl!"
Especially ironic: he's usually the one knocking Sawyer over =)
1 comment:
Good job Trenton. Girls cry all the time anyway, don't sweat it.
Post a Comment