Friday, February 13, 2009

From the mind of Trenton

Trenton is obsessed with cars and now that has translated into a need to know the name of EVERY car we pass! I am not obsessed with cars. I hardly know the names unless I can read them directly on the bumper, which has put me in quite the situation when trying to answer my inquisitive son.

His favorites are dodges. He can recognize them from the word DODGE, the word RAM, or even the ram symbol! Next up are Fords, followed by Toyotas (which he doesn't call by name, but refers to them as "mommy's car"), Hondas, Nissans, and "Chebrolets." He's amazing at spotting the symbol before I even realize one is near.

The funniest part is how opinionated he is about them too. This week we saw a new one for the first time:

Mommy, what's that car?

That's a mazda.

I don't like mazdas. Thems yucky.

Why are they yucky?

Thems have dirty wheels.

Ok then . . .

Another time, in the bath, Sawyer was playing with a plastic fish with the number three on it. Without anyone even asking his opinion, Trenton says: "Three is bad, like Fords."

There's nothing like a three year old telling you his take on the world =)

1 comment:

The Vint Family said...

Oh my gosh! Andi and Trenton are like two peas in a pod! Andi is also obsessed with cars (and dogs-ha) but she points out every car she likes when we go places too!! She is also a truck girl...Big Dodge ones....she especially likes them if they are lifted! haha
That story is to funny though,Trenton is a riot!