Monday, September 27, 2010

Third time around and still none of it gets old

Baby Kellen Face is changing before my eyes. Every night I get home from work and hear about the giggles and rolling escapades around the living room floor that I missed, I just want to squeeze him tight until he stops growing. Too bad it doesn't work that way.

Here's some pictures that have accumulated over the past month.

He isn't quite ready to sit up in the tub, so I still use the infant one, but he is definitely outgrowing it. Right in the middle of his bath the other night, he suddenly straightened his cramped legs and kicked them right out of the tub. They thumped loudly on the edge like the perfect accent to his frustration! I took a couple pictures, while laughing, of his little body overflowing the thing and then he did this:

I could just imagine him saying, "Mooooomm, I'm naked!"

If possible, Trenton and Sawyer have grown more attached to Kellen as the days go on. They often enjoy sharing in his floor time. I love catching these rare quiet times with three boys.


Trenton is such an attentive older brother.

And he can make Kellen laugh quicker than anyone in the family!


The bouncer has become the toy of choice, especially since it's the only way to keep him from travelling the width of the living room roll after roll, hitting his face on the swing or finding a small toy of Trenton's to chew on.

If not in the bouncer, he is often in ... the highchair, of course. I am so grateful to whoever invented that little mesh feeder. He starts bouncing up and down and waving his fists crazy in the air when he sees me approaching with it!

Besides snacks in his little feeder, he is eating two stage-two jars of baby food at each of his three meals. He's definitely keeping up the big-Anderson-eater tradition! Some of the food combos he doesn't like as much as the others and it's so funny to watch his reaction. Trenton and Sawyer always ate whatever we gave them no problem.


Much to Landon's delight, he is starting to hold his own bottle as well.

In August, when we were at the fair, Trenton and Sawyer were running around having a blast, exploring all these new activities and Kellen was just observing the whole thing. I took a moment to enjoy some cuddle time with him, knowing that before long he'll be off running with the other two.



Oh my baby boy, you are such a smiley guy and you add a joy to our lives we couldn't imagine before you were here.

1 comment:

JanNation said...

What a precious boy! Amazing pictures and stories, lovey! xoxox