Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trenton Turns 5

Trenton had his first birthday party with his own friends and it was a huge success! I found a place we've gone to on vacation before called Jump A Lot. It's an industrial warehouse with about 7 giant inflatable toys and the boys LOVE it. And I got a great deal, which of course just made the whole experience ten times better =) Instead of $150-200 for a sponsored private party, we went during open bounce time and I paid 3.50 a kid (times 7 kids) for an hour! Hardly anyone else came so it felt like a private party anyway. Then, since we didn't pay to use the smelly, closed-in party room upstairs, we went to a park a mile away for cupcakes and presents. The kids got to continue running around like maniacs and the adults got fresh air; there's no comparison. Overall, I was thrilled with how everything turned out.

Chance and Evan boxing it out.

Trenton and Carter lounging in a pool of balls.

We got to bounce around with the kids, although the adults got worn out A LOT quicker than they did! Oh the boundless energy of a preschooler =)

Another benefit to Trenton's party was it gave me a chance to meet some of the other parents. We see each other in passing every Tuesday and Thursday as we drop off and pick up our kids, but never really talk. Now I'm hoping we'll keep the trend going and maybe get the group together again a couple more times before school is out. It makes me so happy to see Trenton with friends his age.

At the park, we had baseball cupcakes, juice boxes (which Landon then turned into juice box bombs - I'm sure the other mothers were thrilled!), and opened presents.

Then one of the kids had to remind me to sing Happy Birthday. Whoops!! haha I knew I forgot something. =)

Chance, Jessalynn, and Trenton - Noelle, Jessalynn's mom, and I have gotten together for a few playdates. She's the first person I've really hung out with here. Yet another reason to be so thankful for Trenton's preschool.

Family picture with the new 5 year old

1 comment:

Terri said...

Yay! Friends!

I love the family picture. I'm not sure if he's looking at Landon or Trenton, but Kellen always makes me laugh. So cute!