The trip was to the firehouse because his class is onto letter "F." First, we went into a classroom for fire safety. All the kids (there's now 11 in his class!) ran in searching for chairs and Sawyer was lagging behind so there wasn't a chair next to Trenton. Without prompting, Trenton scooted his little butt over and shared his chair with Sawyer so they could sit together. It was precious and I really hope they stay best friends as they get older.
The firefighter started talking about the dangers of matches and what would happen if you caught on fire. A couple kids yelled out, you'd get hurt and then my precocious 3 year old says, "You'd burn your eyeballs off!" I don't know whether to attribute it to a great imagination or blame Landon for letting them watch something they shouldn't have!
Then he moved on to describe the fire station and what they do there, to which Trenton interrupts him, "Fireman, fireman... we have three fire books at our school and they show all your outfits and trucks." I was in the back just laughing. Trenton and Sawyer were 2 of only 4 or 5 kids who actually spoke up and Trenton in typical fashion wants to talk all about books. I love their personalities.
Next we toured the firehouse, which was as fascinating for me as it was for the kids, and ended in the garage with the trucks. The kids got to climb in the cab and on the back and the three firefighters were so helpful and considerate.
We had such a good time and I'm so thankful I'm available to go on field trips with Trenton and create special memories like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment