The things my kids say that bring me so much laughter and joy are unfortunately also the things I forget so quickly. Here's a few from the past week that I'm going to love looking back on when they're teenagers.
My boys are
brothers, but best friends as well,
Trenton: I want to stay 5 when Sawyer is 4 so I can go to school with him.
extremely literal beings,
While reviewing the memory verses for Cubbies, I tried to explain "my eyes have seen Your salvation" to Trenton.
Trenton: But I can't see it (as he looks down at his chest.) Jesus is in my heart. I'd have to break open my skin to see him.
and sometimes the best example in my daily life of Jesus' love
Sawyer is a giver. You tease Trenton and say "is that candy for me?" or pretend to eat half his lunch and he laughs, "Noooooo, that's mine." Turn around and do the same to Sawyer and he responds without hesitation, "You caaaan haaaave it." Every time he opens some Halloween candy, he immediately yells for Trenton and gives him the reds because "you love red." At night, when I'm trying to get teeth brushed, pjs on, and tell them it's time for bed a hundred times, Trenton continuously asks for one more show, one more story, one more snack. I say no; Sawyer says "Trenton, you caaan watch a movie. Trenton you caaan have a snack. Trenton you don't haaave to go to bed."
while still maintaining their sense of humor.
While at Little Caesar's Pizza waiting for an order with Aunt Caitlyn, some teenagers walk in and loudly Sawyer yells, "There's some punks! Ya jackwagons."
No comments:
Post a Comment