Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Update on Sawyer

Sawyer turned 8 months on Friday, March 28th. He is still scooting around most of the time, but occasionally gets up in the crawl stance and tries it out. He has become adept at finding anything small on the carpet, such a leaves or rocks Trenton brought in from the backyard or lint from the laundry, and I find him gagging as he tries to swallow it. Paper is actually his favorite. It's so much harder with the second one because I no longer have complete control over his environment (thanks to big brother!)


It has been really fun to see his personality come out more and more. He is very social! I thought Trenton was like Landon until I met Sawyer. He cries if we leave the room and he can't see anyone. He is always laughing at people and even toys; I'll hear him giggling from the living room when no one is playing with him! Trenton is his favorite by far; he lights up whenever big brother shows up, even if it means he will be body slammed or crushed in a bear hug! He gets distracted quite easily and takes twice as long to eat because he wants to look around and see everything. Trenton was always a very focused eater, so this is weird for me. Lately, he has been into mimicking us; he loves sticking out his tongue, blowing bubbles, smacking his lips, and clicking his tongue trying to imitate us. Here's a video of some smacking and tongue wagging. . .


He also has this new adorable gesture where he looks at you and tilts his head like a puppy. It's always hard to grab the camera in time, but I caught a couple . . .


Whenever we leave the door open, he is like a man on a mission! He scoots as fast as his little body can for that door. He must know that brother plays out there and has a lot of fun. Landon caught him in this picture about to go out. Right after the picture, he got his two front hands on the concrete and was stuck in limbo. A couple days ago, I walked into the living room to find him out on the patio! I have no idea how he navigated the sliding door track and concrete step without falling on his head. Thank you Lord.

What a joyful addition to our family! We love you Sawyer Kemp.

No comments: