Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Update on Trenton

Trenton is almost exactly two and a half. I love babies and cuddling a newborn, but I can't believe how much FUN I have with Trenton. He is so playful and giggly and he loves to interact with me, whether it's a game of hide and seek or wrestling with the floor pillows or talking to me with a string of jibber jabber but a very serious face. It is such a delight to watch him discover the world around him and begin to truly communicate with and understand us. Here is a video of him playing with Uncle Chris and you can hear his contagious laughter.



One of his favorite places to play is Landon's horseshoe pit. He treats it like his own private sandbox. If we are looking for a specific toy or something Trenton walked off with, we just go outside to the sand!

Al and Mae gave him a sandbox for his birthday to give him a bigger area to play in and give dad back his pit. Since it's getting to be summer, we decided to use it as a pool first and fill it with sand later. He absolutely loves the water and had a blast the other night when we filled it for the first time.
He played out there for at least an hour and then decided he was "col" and wanted to come in. I took off the wet trunks and started to put a diaper on. He then started chanting "wawa wawa" so I let him go back outside. I figured he would remember he was cold and come back in to the warmth. Not so much . . . =)

His vocabulary continues to expand and he acutally puts words together in sentences now. I can tell he is really interested in communucating with us. Here is a video of him playing in the water and telling us about his rocks, his foot, and even an airplane he heard fly overhead.

He is also such a good boy. He loves his brother and always wants to play with him. I am so thankful there hasn't been any jealousy since Sawyer was born.

He is always willing to share his favorite penguin or any of his toys with his baby brother. Sometimes this means putting a truck the size of Sawyer on top of him, but somehow Sawyer rarely cries. I think he enjoys the attention =) I know I shouldn't expect it to last, but right now he is so tender-hearted and willing to give mom, dad, or Sawyer anything that is dear to him.

And yet, as he gets older, he still has no desire to eat nicely and stay clean! I wonder how long I have to wait until that happens . . .

Trenton David, you are a blessing to our lives and we love you!

No comments: